Saturday, November 22, 2008

My goodness!

Grammy had a garage sale this weekend. I,Jamie, said I would help her and thought it would be a good time to get rid of our old computer desk. I decided to sneak to the back door and move the computer desk outside, when Grammy wasn't looking, because this computer desk is quite heavy and I didn't want her to get hurt. I was doing JUST FINE by myself when all of a sudden she spotted me. Of course she got after me, saying not to move it by myself and let her help. I said, No mom I got it. I made it out the door and Grammy said right there is fine. I said, let me move it over just a little bit more. So I moved it over and I still was not happy. So I moved it over again. Grammy said that is fine, right there. As I was setting the table down the table fell, where the keyboard goes. Of all places it can fall, it fell right on Grammy's leg. All of a sudden I hear this loud scream, the funniest scream I ever heard. I know that sounds mean to say, but I am still laughing as I type this. I set down the desk and asked if she is okay. I am trying so hard not to laugh, not because she is hurt but because of the way she screamed. As she wobbles over to sit down, I kept saying I am sorry mom (chuckle, chuckle) I am so sorry (chuckle, chuckle). At that point I couldn't contain myself anymore. I start laughing hysterically. She then looks at me and joins me in laughter. She sits down and pulls up her pant leg and there is a knot on her leg the size of a baseball. It is already swollen and black and blue. I felt horrible!! Here is poor Grammy's leg after it happened. ~Sorry for laughing Grammy, It was just soooo funny~
It sure swelled up fast!
what a bruise.

You are such a great Grammy for not getting mad at me for laughing. See she is smiling! Well kinda, more like an ouch this hurts smile.

1 comment:

Bertie said...

Jamie shame on you for laughing........you know I would never do that. Looks painful Diane, hope you feel better.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley