Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day before Thanksgiving.

BBRRR!! It is starting to get cold. It usually gets cold around Halloween but this year it held out a little bit longer. We had quite a bit of rain today which is a nice change. I decided to take off work and get a little bit of shopping done, but that was put on hold when my bank called and said they have a red flag on my credit card. Come to find out someone charged over $1,500.00 to my credit card. Can you believe that??? The worst part is I never even lost my credit card, I have it with me. They charged $891.00 to QVC and made two other purchases that were over $300.00. I have no idea how they got my information, so to be on the safe side I just cancelled that card and told them to send me a new one. After I spent half the morning getting it taken care of, my mom and I went to the mall for lunch. Upon returning to the car, I happened to be looking down and guess what I found on the ground? Someone elses credit card that expired in 2011. I picked it up and took it to the nearest Wells Fargo. I wonder if there is an increase in credit card fraud during the holidays? My friend, Bertie, got a call last Tuesday from her bank and said that there has been a red flag on her card. Someone had used her card for gambling. I was told that sometimes people charge little amounts so it doesn't send up a red flag and it is not so noticeable. So make sure and check your cards!
On a more positive side, here is Ashley lovin on Hazer. I can't forget Chance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that!! I'm sure glad your bank called you!! I'm going to review all my credit and bank statements this weekend!! I love the pics, Ashley and her first doggie!! Buffy and I Can't wait to see you guys in Dec, luv auntie Grace xoxoxo

CD said...

Was that not what you wanted me to do with your credit card number? I did get a whole lot of nice stuff from QVC though.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley