I have to share a cute story with you, another one of Cody's cute episodes. It is a long story so I will try to break it down. It was nigh-night time and I told the kiddo's they need to go to bed. Tucked in for the night, or so I thought, I hear pitter-patter foot steps. I look over and there is Cody.
Mommy~ Cody, you need to go to sleep!
Cody~ I'm not tired!
Mommy~ I am sorry but it is time for bed. Go upstairs and go nigh-night.
So he S-L-O-W-L-Y goes to his room.
About a half hour later, here comes round two. Pitter, patter!!
Mommy~ Cody, I said go nigh-night!
Cody~ I'm not tired!
Mommy~ Cody, whether your tired or not you need to go to bed. You have to get up early!
Cody~ ( lower lip hanging to the floor) I want to sleep with you!
Mommy~ No, you sleep in your room. You are a big boy. Mommy is going to bed soon.
Cody turns around back to his room.
About a half hour later, here he comes again!
Mommy~ CODY!!! ( I know, so much for being a first time listener.)
Cody~ I'm not tired.
Mommy~ Come on, mommy is going to bed too.
Cody~ I want to sleep with you!
Mommy~ NO! Is that fair to Ashley? She is in her room all by herself being a big girl.
Cody~ No, that's not fair, but she can sleep between us.
Mommy~ No, Daddy is going to sleep with mommy when he gets home.
Cody and Mommy both go upstairs. Both mommy and Cody go to their rooms.
Mommy just drifting off to sleep and suddenly hears someone quietly getting on the bed. It is dark in the room, but makes out the shadow of Cody.
Mommy~ Cody, what are you doing????
Cody~ I'm not tired! I want to sleep with you!
Mommy~ Cody! agghhhh! ( mommy very tired and frustrates!) Get up here!! TONIGHT, ONLY TONIGHT! TOMORROW YOU SLEEP IN YOUR ROOM!! ( I promise, I normally don't give in!)
Cody~ Okay, I will try to sleep in my room tomorrow.
Mommy~ NO! you WILL sleep in your room tomorrow.
Cody~ I will try!
Mommy~ No!! You will. ( Mommy so tired and frustrated) looks at Cody laying on his back staring at the ceiling. The only light is the light from the alarm clock.
Cody~ (still staring at the ceiling) Mommy, where is daddy going to sleep?
Mommy~ (still very tired, frustrated and trying to sleep looks over at Cody who is still looking up at the ceiling) Cody, I don't know where daddy is going to sleep!
Cody throws his hands together, squeezes shut his eyes really tight and begins to move his lips. This boy is in a serious prayer. After the prayer he turns the opposite way.
Now that he has woken mommy up and has her attention.
Mommy~ Cody, if you don't mind me asking ( like he cares!) what were you praying for?
Cody~ I was just praying to Jesus that Daddy would find some place to sleep.
That my friend is my story. It's amazing how quickly you can change your mood when you see your little boy praying to Jesus to help his daddy.
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley

No comments:
Post a Comment