Thursday, June 05, 2008

My vacation so far!

Our family vacation has begun. We left Wednesday around 8:30am and arrived in Grants Pass, Oregon around 6:30pm. Cody came up earlier in the week with Grammy and Popa, so it was just us and Ashley for the long 10 hour drive. Ashley did wonderful! I do think the DVD was a life saver-ha. We stayed the night in Grants Pass, Oregon to visit a friend of ours and then left in the morning to drive up to Netarts.
You will never guess what I did though!! It was getting late and Ashley needed to go to bed, so I went to the car to get her Pajamas. I opened the trunk and there were no pajamas. No pajamas, no shirts, no sweatshirts, no pants lets just say NO SUITCASE for Ashley. YEP, I forgot her suitcase at home!!! The only thing we could do is get up early and go buy Ashley some clothes. So we headed off in the morning, still having to drive 5 more hours to our destination, looking for any store along the way. We stopped at Target, Kohl's, Ross and 2 Walmart's only to find out that none of these stores have winter clothes. That wouldn't be to bad if it wasn't cold and raining up here. I found one long sleeve shirt ,that is ugly, some tee shirts and some thin pants. I was very fortunate though because I did manage to put her rain coat and winter jacket in the car. The poor girl just might have to wear a jacket the whole time. Grammy, Ashley and I are going to go into town tomorrow to see if we can find some sweatshirts. While Popa, Noel and Cody go to the ocean to get mussels.
Here is a picture of Helena and Ashley. I had a really cute video of Ashley feeding the sheep but I can't seem to post it on my blog.

No comments:

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley