Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My funny boy!

My little Cody can make me laugh so hard sometimes. I have been taking a class from 4-7pm on Monday nights so I get home kinda late. Here is the scenario that took place last night.

(Cody still seems to be having trouble going #2 in the big potty.)

I walk in to the door and both little ones come running. I get down on my knees to give them both a big hug. Ashley ventures off~

Cody: Are you hungry mommy?
Jamie: Hey Cody, did you go potty in the toilet?
Cody: ( Shrugging his shoulders and giving me a big smile.)
Jamie: Cody did you go Potty?
Noel: Tell Mommy what you did Cody!
Cody: ( Still shrugging his shoulders and smiling.)
Jamie: Did you poo-poo in the toilet?
Cody: ( Shaking his head no.)
Jamie: Oh Cody, that makes me sooo sad, Mommy is soo sad!
Cody: (Throwing his arms around my neck and patting my back) It's okay mommy, don't be sad. It will be okay! It will be okay!
Jamie: Cody, why did you poo-poo in your pull ups? That makes mommy so sad!
Cody: (Running his fingers down my hair and looking me in the eye) Mommy, it will be okay, don't be sad, It will be okay.
Cody: (trying to change the subject) Mommy, are you hungry? Are you hungry mommy?
Jamie: Yes, mommy hasn't eaten. Mommy's a little hungry.
Cody: ( Turns around and looks at dad) Dad, get mommy something to eat!!
~ After much laughter~
Noel: He knows who cooks in this family.
I would have to mark that conversation as "Priceless". Cody was so serious telling me it would be okay and telling Daddy to go get me something to eat. I think kids are natural born comedians. You can always rely on them for a good laugh.
Oh yea, after not being allowed to play on the computer for 3 days now, he did go potty in the toilet tonight. Of course I have to keep telling him to go potty. He just doesn't understand getting up and going without being told. Soon I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, smart , silly, cute boy.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley