Sunday, August 01, 2010

Crown fire.

Wowzers, it sure has been quite the weekend! A little stress but lots of fun also! I have a lot of posts to add.
First though, I want to say Happy Birthday to my sweet boy, Cody. Can you believe that little man is now 6 years old! I will posts more of his birthday fun later. Until then, here is a picture of what 6 looks like.
Most of you know about the Crown fire that has sweeped around us and has burned 14,ooo acres. It was a little to close for comfort. We thought my parents escaped the need to worry on Thursday, but then on Friday the fire decided to come back, this time having to evacuate. My parents were at the Orange County fair and I was at work when it started up again. I went up to the house after work only to find the road was blocked off and the fire was real, real close to the house. Thanks to God, firefighters and all the fire planes they were able to get it out. Here are some pictures that were taken Thursday night. These are from my parents house.

Here are some from Friday. No fire shots here, this is when no one was home. After being put out.

Here are a couple pictures taken from my house.


1 comment:

CD said...

I soooo appreciate your posting them in chronological order. Also, how can these children be growing up so fast!?

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley