Friday, May 08, 2009

Frozen bananas

Cody's school put on a fund raiser called quarter a dip. Each class has a theme and the students make dishes accordingly. I was not sure if I was going to attend, so I didn't put my name down on the list. Upon picking Cody up Monday the teacher came to me and said they really, really need someone to bring chocolate covered frozen bananas. I was a bit hesitant being I have never made these before, I know it would be a bit of work and I have enough to do already.~ha!~ As I was throwing ideas in my head how to say no, she said they really need someone to make these. I think I have a tattoo on my forehead that says, "ask her she won't say no". Needless to say, I said okay. She tells me they need 25 bananas cut in half. First of all, I have never made these before and second how the heck am I going to make room in the freezer? Well, after a bit of a mess and taking the long way around it, I got it done. I did learn a few lessons from my experience if anyone ever wants to try making these at home. Make sure the bananas are completely frozen before placing them in the chocolate. Don't try to roll the banana in the chocolate, just get a big enough cup and dip the banana inside. The best advice would be go to the store and buy already made kits (I heard they had them after the fact). Although, I think you should try it my way.

Make sure the bananas are frozen before dipping. Could be 3 hours, but to be on the safe side make it 24 hours.Melt semi~sweet chocolate chips. No, don't take the easy way out and buy the chocolate that is already liquid!!This is the REAL deal. You know the good stuff, the one with all those nummy calories. Then you dip it!! Okay, this is probably my last banana. The one that turned out the best. After realizing I could dip the banana into a cup instead of trying to roll it around in the chocolate. You can even get fancy and throw a few sprinkles on there. WAAA~LAAA!!!

This sums up baking, cooking, freezing (whatever you call it) Lesson 101. So go get ya some naners and try it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
We are sooo proud of you!! Those bananas look fantastic....Good enough to eat..Hee Hee.Wish we could have been there.Can't wait till we move closer by, so we can get in on all the great things you guys do. Love you all, Mom and Dad Witty

CD said...

Those look so yummy!! They're low carb right?? Bring some over. I'm still pretty shaken up over the whole cake ball incident.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley