Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh my, soooo delicious!!

It has been raining all day and we have been cooped up in the house. What else is a person to do when it is cold and rainy outside but bake! Yep, that is what I did and I want to share this recipe with you. Although this here recipe is not for the Sissy~la~la's that are worried about gaining a pound or two. This here is the real deal and boy let me tell ya it is oh so nummy!! I know the pictures don't look so appetizing but you must try it for yourself. The recipe is ooohhh so easy!!!!! Just try it, its cheap and easy! Let me know when you do.

Ingredients:
2 (8 ounce) cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough
2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Direction:
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
(2) Press one can of the crescent rolls on to the bottom of the prepared pan.
(3) In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and Vanilla until smooth and creamy. You can use a hand held mixer if ya want. spread evenly over the crescent layer.
(4) Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on the top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down.
(5) pour the melted butter over the top of the entire pan. combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top.
(6) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until the top is crisp and golden.
(7) ENJOY!!

Cast of characters.

Layer bottom with crescent rolls.

I forgot to take the picture of pouring the cream cheese mixture on top. After that put the next can of crescent rolls on the top of cream cheese mixture then bake.

Wallla~ Delicious!~Just try it~

5 comments:

Bertie said...

oh man that looks so yummy I will have to try it too!!

Unknown said...

You know me, I ain't no sissy la-la! I'll be trying that. Bring on the pounds! (And ain't ain't a word)

Unknown said...

Oh that is SOOOO funny! I don't know why my signiture has been changed to Thomas! Oops. Secret identity I guess. Don't be fooled, it is I.

Little codster and Miss Ashley said...

Dear Mr.Thomas,
Thanks for commenting on my blog! It is good to know there is another person, besides myself, who is not a sissy la~la and is willing to try this recipe and gain a pound or two. No worries Mr. Thomas I like the word ain't. Look forward to hearing how you liked or disliked the recipe.

Anonymous said...

looks like my kind of day!! Auntie Grace

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley